Coaches: Join the Austin Vipers Basketball Club
The Austin Vipers Basketball Club (AVBC) provides provides boys and girls from the greater Austin area an opportunity to play top-quality basketball, improve their basketball skills and develop a love for the game.
The club leverages the power of basketball to build character in the youth of our community by nurturing self-confidence, discipline, and leadership development. Our program includes Skills Academies in the Fall and Summer and Select-level basketball teams that compete in both area leagues and tournaments as well as travel tournaments based on team objectives and skills.
The Austin Vipers are recruiting coaches for the Winter and Spring select seasons for our 4th through HS girls and boys teams. Coaches will manage two evening practices per week and typically five to six weekend tournaments or league play. Opportunities will also exist for overseeing skills sessions and Fall and Summer Academies.
Our coaches require:
• Prior coaching experience at the Select or Middle/High school level
• Ability to develop a practice plan that can be communicated and/or documented to both players and the Vipers board
• Schedule to commit to two evening practices a week and the tournament or league weekend schedules
• Desire to engage and teach younger players basketball fundamentals, sportsmanship, and leadership skills
• Knowledge and proficiency with basketball offenses, defenses, and set plays
• Any candidate must pass a full background and screening evaluation
We prefer the following in coaching candidates:
• One year minimum coaching AAU or school basketball in a competitive atmosphere
• Experience with coaching younger select teams
• Experience developing plans and strategies to prepare kids for the season and the future
• Competitive playing experience
Interested candidates, please contact us using the form below or at Austin_Vipers@viperball.com.